Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lana Del Rey: Video Games (Cover)

With the mega success of Lana Del Rey's signature single, Video Games, it is natural that the covers would start to emerge.

Not often do I find a genre bending cover of a song that actually works for me. Linkin Park's cover of Rolling in The Deep felt like a fluke to be honest. Needless to say I was pleasently surprised when I heard the Video Games cover by The Young Professionals.

Being an electro pop / rock band, The Young Professionals certainly shifted the original tempo, adding in synths and fast and heavy drum beats.  It still maintains the "good feeling" but adds the head bopping radio friendly element.

The inclusion of the subtle video game sound effects is pretty rad too!


Your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete